REPORTS TO:OPERATIONS MANAGER
Soluti Finance East Africa Limited “SOLUTI” is one of the leading Wholesale lenders in East Africa, with a track record of over 29 years of providing both financial and non-financial services to our partners in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania through a partnership approach and model.
Soluti is committed to causing positive change in the enterprising poor through providing credit facilities and capacity building/Technical Assistance to Microfinance institutions, (MFIs), Savings and credit co-operatives (SACCOs), Small and Medium Enterprises (in Agriculture, Housing and Social Enterprises) and Producer Organisations (POs) in the East African region.
SOLUTI seeks to recruit an Investment Analyst who will be responsible for the performance of the Company’s loan portfolio and assisting in the management and provision of technical advice and capacity building and promotion of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) practices among partners in the areas where SOLUTI operates.
The Investment Analyst reports to the Operations Manager but works closely with other staff of SOLUTI and the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities for the job:
- Business Growth
- Contribute to the development of a detailed work plan for the implementation of the SOLUTI
- Market and promote the activities of SOLUTI in the operating
- Assist in the implementation and revision of policies, procedures, together with tools and work
- Assist in the development of strategies of portfolio growth and partnerships
2. Portfolio Performance
- Manage and monitor investments, review partners’ financial situation, capacity and
- Conduct quality investment appraisals for the partners and makes appropriate recommendation for management
- Assist in the monitoring (both on and off-site) performance of the microfinance partners to ensure that they operate according to microfinance best
3. Environment, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Conduct social & environmental audits for existing & potential partners of SOLUTI within EA region to measure, understand and report ESG practices with the aim of improving partner
- Carry out social & environmental performance audits using SPI4 tool to help financial service providers achieve their social mission, Consumer protection Principles (CPPS)) and Social Business Scorecard (SBS) tool for non-financial service providers during engagement of new partners and existing
4. Capacity Building and Technical Support
- Participate in the conducting capacity building needs’ assessment and identify capacity building needs and recommend possible assistance for microfinance and non- Microfinance partners within the available resources.
- Propose capacity building interventions for management
- Network with industry and stakeholders and develop effective working relationships with existing and potential stakeholders and
- Draft periodical reports on the status of activities handled as per SOLUTI policies and
- Participate in the regular analysis of action and decisions for SOLUTI in order to identify problem areas, suggest alternative courses of action and mitigate risk as much as
- Provide feedback to all
The Investment Analyst must possess the following:
- A good University degree in business, economics, finance, and microfinance from a recognized Postgraduate qualifications in the above fields is an added advantage.
- Must demonstrate knowledge, skills, and experience in managing microfinance field operations, SME lending and capacity building programmes at a senior level in a credible financial
- He/She is expected to be a proactive team player and strong strategic thinker with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar position in the financial service industry.
- The job requires training of trainers’ skills, consultancy skills, strong and high-level technical skills in operations management supported by excellent understanding of microfinance best practice and SME lending at both the local and international
- The Investment Analyst should be conversant and ready to use various analytical tools to measure, evaluate and interpret institutional performance at all
The Investment Analyst should have the capacity to work independently in developing and implementing action plans guided by the company’s key Strategic Objectives. He/She must be available and willing to travel extensively within the region. He / she should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and a detailed curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating contact details of 3(three) referees should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com .
Deadline for submission is 5th May 2023. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.