Capacity Building Co-ordinator
Soluti Finance East Africa Limited (SOLUTI) is a leading, locally based wholesale finance company that provides sustainable, market responsive financial solutions and technical assistance to organizations in the Eastern Africa region. We work in partnership with financial and non-financial services providers targeting the low-income population to grow their businesses, create new jobs and improve their livelihoods through enhancing access to financial solutions.
SOLUTI seeks a qualified, achievement oriented and results-focused professional to join the team and coordinate the delivery of interventions towards providing sustainable support to partners and potential partners through the Capacity Building (CB) and Advisory Services Unit.
About the Role
The role holder will be responsible for planning, budgeting, and delivery of the CB plans to develop the capacity of current and potential partners, and stakeholders. He/she will facilitate and coordinate all capacity building activities conducted by internal staff and effectively engage technical service providers to deliver related assignments. The role holder will report to the CEO, and work with the SOLUTI internal team in the assessment of the capacity development needs, design of CB interventions that support the technical and institutional development and support the development of Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) objectives as well as follow up of current partners, potential partners and other stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and implementation of annual work plans and budgets for the CB.
- Undertake business development and capacity needs assessment including development of proposals, concept notes, a fee structure, conducting research and develop initiatives for CB and advisory services to partners.
- Coordinate, develop, schedule, and implement CB activities and initiatives.
- Liaise with partners and technical service providers to provide CB interventions and technical assistance.
- Support partners to develop ESG goals and indicators and prepare regular reports on ESG performance initiatives.
- Design and carry out monitoring and evaluation on capacity building activities, and document related best practices, success stories, learnings, and periodic reporting.
- Develop and implement a market strategy for CB and advisory.
- Conduct periodic market research on emerging issues and manage the dissemination to the intended stakeholders.
- Work with the Management team to develop and follow-up proposals to secure funds for CB.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and business, development studies, or other related fields from a recognized institution.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Monitoring & evaluation.
- Certificate in training and capacity building from a recognized institution.
- Certification in Social Performance Management.
- At least seven (7) years’ capacity building experience in the financial and development sectors.
- Experience in planning, designing, and delivering training for adult audiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting capacity building activities.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation and understanding of ESG.
- Prior experience in a capacity building and business development role in a reputable organisation.
- A fantastic opportunity to work in the financial inclusion sector across the East Africa Region.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Conducive environment to grow and be innovative.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please forward your application letter and CV quoting ‘Capacity Building Co-ordinator’ as the email subject to email@example.com and or firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 November 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.