REPORTS TO:OPERATIONS MANAGER
Soluti Finance East Africa Limited “SOLUTI” is one of the leading Wholesale lenders in East Africa, with a track record of over 29 years of providing both financial and non-financial services to our partners in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania through a partnership approach and model.
Soluti is committed to causing positive change in the enterprising poor through providing credit facilities and capacity building/Technical Assistance to Microfinance institutions, (MFIs), Savings and credit co-operatives (SACCOs), Small and Medium Enterprises (in Agriculture, Housing and Social Enterprises) and Producer Organisations (POs) in the East African region.
SOLUTI seeks to recruit an Investment Analyst-Agriculture who will be responsible for the performance of the Institutional Agriculture loan portfolio and assisting in the management and provision of technical advice and capacity building to SMEs, micro finance and non-microfinance partners in the areas where SOLUTI operates.
The Investment Analyst-Agriculture reports to the Operations Manager but works closely with other SOLUTI staff.
Key responsibilities for the job:
- Market and promote agricultural related activities of SOLUTI in the region.
- Identification and appraisal of potential non-Microfinance Institutions (Agriculture SMEs, Producer Organizations and Co-operatives) for financing as per SOLUTI’s eligibility
- Identification and appraisal of potential and existing Microfinance Institutions involved in agribusiness value chain financing as per SOLUTI’s eligibility
- To grow the agriculture value chain portfolio as per set targets and conduct comprehensive reviews for its growth in the
- Undertake periodic review of the Company’s Agricultural lending portfolio to ensure its continued relevance to smallholder farmers, prepare recommendations and action
- Identify and recommend other technical extended service providers along the value chains for Strategic partnerships.
- Identify capacity building needs and recommend possible assistance for Microfinance and non-Microfinance partners within the available
- Monitoring onsite and offsite the performance of the Microfinance partners involved in Agricultural value chain lending to ensure that they operate according to microfinance sound
- Provide technical reports on the performance of the partners Appraised/monitored to guide management decision
- Contribute to ensuring that SOLUTI has a high portfolio quality at all
- Assist in providing technical support to Microfinance and non-microfinance partners in areas where they performance gaps have been
- Prepare agriculture related reports as per different stakeholder requests and
- Assist in the implementation and revision of SOLUTI’s policies and procedures together with
tools to appraise and monitor the performance and impact of the partners.
- Contribute to the Promotion of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) amongst all partners in the
- Any other business that may be assigned to him from time to
The Investment Analyst must possess the following:
- A good University degree in Agribusiness Management/ Agriculture from a recognized University.
- A postgraduate qualification in business / finance fields is an added
- Must demonstrate knowledge, skills and experience in managing Agriculture lending operations and capacity building programmes at a senior level in a credible financial
- He/She is expected to be a proactive team player and strong strategic thinker with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in operations management function (specifically in Agriculture related) in a financial
- Training of trainers’ skills, consultancy skills, strong and high-level technical skills in operations management supported by excellent understanding of Agriculture lending best practices at both the local and international level is added advantage.
- The Investment Officer- Agriculture should be conversant and ready to use various analytical tools to measure, evaluate and interpret institutional performance at all
The Investment Analyst-agriculture should have capacity to work independently in developing and implementing action plans guided by the company’s key Strategic objectives with minimal supervision. He/She must be available and willing to travel extensively within the region, with excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
Applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and a detailed curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating contact details of 3(three) referees should be sent by email to email@example.com by July 7, 2023. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.